A couple of our really good friends, Michelle and Russell Harris, live in the 30A area of Florida and Michelle runs 30A Locals Guide. Russell runs Love, Travel, Film and has even done some of our travel videos. Basically, we’re big fans of theirs. Given their expansive knowledge of the area, I asked Michelle if she would put together a travel guide for you and she kindly obliged. I’m really excited to share this with you because there are so many amazing things here and I just love this area.
If you’re not familiar with the 30A area of Florida, here’s the gist: it’s a highway that stretches along the coast of FL and includes the picturesque beach towns of Watercolor, Seaside, Grayton Beach, Alys Beach, WaterSound, etc.
For a long time, my family had a house in the Sandestin area (just down the way from 30A) so this area is pretty special to us. We used to live in Nashville and let’s just say that the 30A area is pretty much where everyone seemed to vacation.
FUN THINGS TO DO
30A is an area of beach towns and while relaxing on the should definitely be on your list. here are some other things to do if you need a break from the sun and sand. There’s also a ton of stuff on the Google map below as well so make sure you check that out!
FOOD & DRINKS
There is A TON on the Google Map below but here are a few of their favorites!
- BREAKFAST/BRUNCH: Crackings
- LUNCH: Chanticleer Eatery
- CASUAL DINNER: Grayton Seafood Co.
- FANCY ITALIAN DINNER: Borago
- FANCY STEAK DINNER: Cafe Tango
- DIVE: Red Bar [note from Chelsea: while this is a dive bar, it also has some of the best food you’d never expect a dive bar to have.]
- MEXICAN: Amigos 30A
- TO-GO: Blue Mountain Bakery
- SWEET TREATS: Pecan Jacks
- COFFEE: Black Bear Bread Co.
- DRINKS: Fish Out of Water