Guest post by: 30A Locals Guide
A couple of our really good friends, Michelle and Russell Harris, live in the 30A area of Florida and Michelle runs 30A Locals Guide. Russell runs Love, Travel, Film and has even done some of our travel videos. Given their expansive knowledge of the area, I asked Michelle if she would put together a travel guide for you and she kindly obliged. I’m really excited to share this with you because there are so many amazing things here and we just love this area.
For a long time, my family had a house in the Sandestin area (just down the way from 30A) so this area is pretty special to us. We used to live in Nashville and let’s just say that the 30A area is pretty much where everyone seemed to vacation.
Here is what Michelle has to share about 30A…
If you’re not familiar with the 30A area of Florida, here’s the gist: it’s a highway of picturesque beach communities that stretches 24 miles long along the coast of FL, has rare coastal dune lakes, and each beach town has its own unique atmosphere & vibe.
Here are a few of the beach towns it includes:
- Seaside – where the Truman Show was filmed & is very Americana iconic
- Grayton Beach – very laid back, reminds you of Key West & was voted best beach in the country again
- Alys Beach – all white & is Greece inspired
- Rosemary Beach – makes you feel like you’re walking through a European town
FUN THINGS TO DO
30A is an area of beach towns and while relaxing on the beach should definitely be on your list, here are some other things to do if you need a break from the sun and sand.
There’s also a ton of stuff on the curated 30-A Locals Guide Google Map below as well so make sure you check that out!
- OUTDOOR: Grayton Beach State Park
- LIVE MUSIC: The Hub
- INDOOR: Shard Shop
- ART + SHOPS: Ruskin Place
FOOD & DRINKS
There is A TON on the Google Map below but here are a few of their favorites!
- BREAKFAST/BRUNCH: Crackings
- LUNCH: Chanticleer Eatery
- CASUAL DINNER: Grayton Seafood Co.
- FANCY ITALIAN DINNER: Borago
- FANCY STEAK DINNER: Cafe Tango
- DIVE: Red Bar [note from Chelsea: while this is a dive bar, it also has some of the best food you’d never expect a dive bar to have.]
- MEXICAN: Amigos 30A
- TO-GO: Blue Mountain Bakery
- SWEET TREATS: Pecan Jacks
- COFFEE: Black Bear Bread Co.
- DRINKS: Fish Out of Water
- SUSHI: Old Florida Fish House
TRAVEL TIP – use this map while you’re out on the town exploring! Here’s how you do that in an offline mode too.